Tuesday 31 May 2016

A poem for World No Tobacco Day

31 May is World No Tobacco Day. To celebrate, we're sharing a poem from a service user who has given up smoking. The poem below was written by Shelly, a patient at The Wells Road Centre.



Smoking


I gave up smoking
As I started choking 
My cravings are kicking in
But I’m going to win
No more fags for me
I will live, just wait and see

People around me are having a drag
On their life threatening fag, 
I wish people would learn, 
That smoking causes their arteries to burn 

Think about those you love, 
Think how they will feel when you’re sent above, 
Smoking causes death too quick
So use this time to quit. 

Our Trust is going Smokefree from October 2016. This means that smoking will not be allowed in our buildings or grounds. To find out more, visit www.nottinghamshirehealthcare.nhs.uk/smokefree.

2 comments: